Blacktop driveways are gaining popularity these days, thanks to quality asphalt in the mix. If you want to have an attractive driveway, contact Melbourne asphalt experts for a driveway that your guests can drool over.
Before you even think about paving your asphalt driveway, focus on the way a good gravel is laid down as a base. Your base should neither be too thick or too thin. You can have a gravel base between 2 and 8 inches thick which is already sufficient.
Tweaking the look of your pavement is also a good idea to give it a fresh perspective. Below are a few ideas to transform the look of your driveway.
1. Using Gravel — Hearing the crunching sound of tyres on gravel is somewhat soothing to some people. This is a great way to achieve that classy and old-fashioned look just by pouring gravel into your driveway. But if you want to keep your driveway in great shape, you will have to rake over the surface from time to time. This will keep the gravel from scattering on your driveway.
2. Add in Some Grass — If you want your yard to look as natural as possible, using grass can be a good design element. You can have a grass strip on the centre of your driveway for a more eco-friendly look. You can save hundreds of dollars on the material and at the same time, help the environment. You can even plant long-stemmed grass to the side of your driveway
3. Decorate with Plants — Whether you plan to install asphalt paving, concrete or gravel, adding some plants at the sides of your driveway will instantly boost its appeal. You can opt for cacti and succulents or other flowering plants that can thrive in extreme conditions. It would also help if you cultivate your lawn so its beauty may complement your driveway. See more at Asphalt Melbourne
4. Use Stamped Concrete — If the sight of plain concrete is not pleasing to your sight, you can opt for stamped concrete instead. This gives your guests an impression that you used a high-quality material such as bricks, stone or other expensive construction material. This is accomplished by pressing moulds into the concrete while it is still wet. This creates a lovely pattern that helps improve your curb appeal.
5. Opt for Blacktop Asphalt — Not all asphalt driveways have a black finish. It depends on the stone chips in the mix. It is the material that cements all the stone chips and sand together to form a beautiful surface. But to ensure your asphalt is black, talk to a reliable Melbourne asphalt service.
The key to a long-lasting asphalt road or driveway is the gravel base underneath. If you have a weak base, chances are, your asphalt driveway will not last long enough. 8 or 10 inches of crushed and well-compacted gravel on solid soil is the ideal base. This will help extend the life of your gravel driveway for 30 years or more.
Taking care of your asphalt driveways or asphalt carparks is your primary concern. Although this material requires minimum maintenance, it would help if you keep it in good shape. This will help extend its lifespan. Visit https://www.asphaltmelbourne.com.au for more ideas from Melbourne asphalt professionals today.